Tinder is one of the most popular dating apps and one of the most dominant in the mobile dating apps space. Primarily available as a dating app, there is also a tinder dating website version for desktop users. This tinder dating site for desktop has the same features available on the mobile app.
This review of tinder seeks to inform readers about this powerful and efficient dating app. From what is available on the app to how much you can pay to access premium services, we tell you everything you need to know before signing up
- Users: Tinder has over 4 million users in the United Kingdom. A majority of the users are young adults seeking to connect with other singles for fun interactions. There are more male members than females.
- Prices: There are two premium packages on Tinder, Tinder Plus and Tinder Gold. Prices for the Plus package are 4.99 GBP for 1 month, 15.00 GBP for 6 months, and 23.04 GBP for 12 months. For the Gold package, the options are 7.49 GBP for 1 month, 27.96 GBP for 3 months, and 42.00 GBP for 12 months.
- Free Version Available: There is a free version of the Tinder app. Many people use this free version because you can do a lot with it. Only upgrade if you want exclusive services like the ability to browse Ad-free or see users who like you.
- Mobile App: The design of the app is excellent and intuitive. The app is available on Android, iOS, and Blackberry, and it’s free to download. You can also connect your Tinder app with your Snapchat, Spotify, or Instagram account. We tried the features on the app when preparing for this review and everything is smooth and easy.
Pros & cons
- Easy swipe feature
- Large user base
- Connection with other apps like Snapchat, Spotify
- High member activity
- Fun to use
- Quick and simple registration
- Free messaging for matched users
- Video chat
- Plenty of features available for free
- On-demand safety features
- Free to download the tinder app
- Tinder lite app is available for people who want to reduce data
- Intuitive interface
- No authentication of profiles
- Limited profile information
- Can search for people with similar interests
- No photo verification is required
- Geared towards casual encounters and not relationships
Tinder has over 4 million members from the United Kingdom, putting it as one of the most popular dating apps in the region. You’ll therefore have many people to chat with on the platform. Overall, the highest percentage of members on the app comes from the United States. The members are very active, with the main activity being swiping left or right.
There are more male members than females on Tinder. Our research for this review also found out that the majority of members on the app are young adults who are between 18 and 35 years. The members are seeking partners for all types of relationships but mostly are looking for hookup partners.
Tinder allows members to connect their profiles with their Instagram, Snapchat, and Spotify accounts. It gives other users access to a member’s photos and eventually follows them. Some people opt to have a low profile and only display little information about themselves. Our research for this review also established that you cannot change your age or name unless you registered through Facebook.
Matchmaking and Chatting
Members of this dating app get their matches through the swipe feature. You can swipe right to show interest and left to skip and move to the next profile. If someone you’ve swiped right on their profile also swipes right on your profile, a match is created. You can then chat with the matches, which is free for matched users.
There is no limit on the number of messages you can send on the app, as long as you mutually like each other. To stop a member from messaging you, you can unmatch yourself from the user. The Tinder search feature is also only available to matched users. It means that you cannot search for random users unless you’re already a match.
- Signing up
- Left swipe
- One super like per day
- inder app download
- Finding users near your location
- Connect Instagram and Spotify to your profile
- Upload a profile photo
- Writing a short bio –up to 500 characters
- Check out one tinder pick per day
- Like up to 100 profiles for every 12 hours
- Finding people around the world
- See people that like you
- Access to top picks
- Be on top of the line
- Instant matching
- Unlimited right swipes and likes
- Ad-free browsing
- Rewind your swipe
- Hiding your age and distance away
- 5 extra super likes per day
- Access one free tinder boost per month
- Ability to choose only to be seen by people you’ve swiped right on
It is a popular dating app, and it has the numbers to show for it. The popularity is due to several factors, including its fun swipe feature. In addition, members can use the app for free without the need to upgrade. When preparing for this review, we also found out that there are no restrictions on the type of relationships one can seek through the platform.
Join the Tinder app and start connecting with other like-minded singles by swiping left or right. The millions of users on the platform means that you can always find many people to chat with online.